SPHR/SHRM-SCP Certification Exam Preparation and Study Materials
An honest assessment of skills, knowledge and responsibilities within the HR function is critical when deciding whether to seek certification as a SPHR or SHRM-SCP.
Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR)
- Designs and plans rather than implements.
- Focuses on the “big picture.”
- Has ultimate accountability in the HR department.
- Has six to eight years of progressive HR experience.
- Has breadth and depth of HR generalist knowledge.
- Uses judgment obtained with time and application of knowledge.
- Has generalist role within organization.
- Understands the effect of decisions made within and outside of the organization.
- Understands the business, not just the HR function.
- Manages relationships; has influence within overall organization.
- Commands credibility within organization, community and field by experience.
- Possesses excellent negotiation skills.
SHRM – Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP)
Current or most recent work has been strategic in nature and involves activities such as developing policies and strategies, overseeing the execution of HR operations, analyzing performance metrics, and/or contributing to the alignment of HR strategies with organizational goals.