SPHR Certification Exam Preparation and Study Materials
What is the Profile of an SPHR Certification Exam Candidate?
Should You Take the SPHR Certification Exam?
An honest assessment of skills, knowledge and responsibilities within the HR function is critical when deciding whether to seek certification as a PHR, SPHR or GPHR. The following profile of a typical SPHR candidate may help you determine which exam is appropriate for you. Because of the nature of the exams and their common body of knowledge, the PHR and SPHR designations cannot be held concurrently. However, you may hold either a PHR or SPHR certification in conjunction with a GPHR designation.
SPHR Certification Exam Candidate:
- Designs and plans rather than implements.
- Focuses on the “big picture.”
- Has ultimate accountability in the HR department.
- Has six to eight years of progressive HR experience.
- Has breadth and depth of HR generalist knowledge.
- Uses judgment obtained with time and application of knowledge.
- Has generalist role within organization.
- Understands the effect of decisions made within and outside of the organization.
- Understands the business, not just the HR function.
- Manages relationships; has influence within overall organization.
- Commands credibility within organization, community and field by experience.
- Possesses excellent negotiation skills.
Certification is a voluntary action by a professional group to establish a system to grant recognition to professionals who have met a stated level of training and work experience. Certified individuals are usually issued a certificate attesting that they have met the standards of the credentialing organization and are entitled to make the public aware of their credentialed status, usually through the use of initials (i.e., PHR or SPHR) after their names.
Certifications differ from certificate programs because certifications include an experience component. It is wise to first register at the Human Resource Certification Institute’s website and meet eligibility requirements prior to beginning any study program.
Once registered to take a certification exam you’ll need SPHR Certification Exam Study Materials to prepare for this rigorous exam. Also be sure to take our free online SPHR practice exam.